It’s common to have concerns about your baby’s skincare, particularly as the season changes.
Just as your skin changes in winter and you need special care, your baby’s skin also undergoes significant changes during cold weather. Even the softest newborn cheeks might get dry from the harsh winter wind and the chilly, dry air.
That’s one of the reasons parents are often seen buying cold pressed sesame oil for baby massage, especially during the winters. So with this article, we will see how to take care of your skin during winters other than massaging.
What happens to Baby Skin in the Winter Season?
This is a fact that the cold air during winter holds less moisture as it’s dry, making the skin drier than in any other season.
Babies’ skin is more delicate and sensitive compared to that of adults, which makes the baby’s skin prone to moisture loss, which makes it dry the skin quickly.
Common Winter Skin Problems in Infants
- Chapped lips
- Rosy red cheeks
- Dry, itchy skin
- Diaper Rash
Baby Skin Care Routine during Winter
You can do multiple things to help protect your baby’s skin during winters. Some of these are:
- Massage – If your kid has dry skin, it’s best to massage them with natural baby massage oil, such as black sesame oil. Massaging also makes your baby stronger & healthier.
- Switch up bath time – Babies don’t need to be bathed every day, even if it can be an excellent addition to the bedtime routine. Taking short baths in lukewarm water is preferable to prevent moisture loss, and their skin could dry out if exposed to hot water.
- Use Moisturizer – After bathing, it’s a good idea to moisturize the baby as the skin is still damp after drying. Make careful to pat, not rub their skin with a towel.
- Use Humidifier – Consider using a humidifier if you notice that the air in your home is arid. Dry skin might be lessened with more moisture in the air.
- Use Soft Fabrics – Put on soft, breathable clothing for your child that won’t irritate their skin. Avoid wearing garments with abrasive seams or tags.
- Apply Fragrance-free Products – Only use fragrance-free cosmetics. Avoid using anything that can irritate a baby’s skin or aggravate dry skin. Pick laundry detergents, soaps, and lotions without fragrances.
- Dress Wisely for the outdoors – Your baby’s skin may get irritated if they start to sweat excessively. If you’re uncertain about the weather, wearing layers can be helpful.
Winter can be harsh for your baby’s delicate skin if you don’t care for it well. However, by using our tips & tricks, you can help your baby get rid of dryness in winters by using home remedies.
However, it’s essential to use only natural products like cold pressed sesame oil for baby massage from Little Rituals. The natural products by Little Rituals are free from chemicals and safe for babies.